Today, we’re rolling out an updated version of Yahoo! Calendar that’s cleaner and easier to use. Our intent with these changes is to give you more information in fewer clicks, so you can more easily manage your busy schedule and ToDo lists.
New Calendar Features:
- View your entire day easily: Now when you go to the Day view, you can see events for 8+ hours without having to scroll down.
- Specify the event location more quickly: You can now easily add the location of an event using the quick add feature.
- Event previews: In Day view, easily get a preview of all the events on your calendar for that day, including important details like location and meeting organizer. To drill down on an event, just click once on the event entry and to edit, just double-click the event.
New ToDos Features
Like many of you, I use the ToDos feature to organize my tasks and I’m excited about the updates we’ve made to the ToDos feature since now you can prioritize tasks across multiple lists.
- Important and Urgent) to each ToDo. With new Priority View, you can see all ToDos across all ToDo lists grouped by priority. You can easily change priority of ToDos by dragging and dropping tasks from one priority section to another.
- Quick ToDo Addition: Miss that feature earlier? Not anymore. In every ToDo view, you can quickly add a ToDo inline at the end of the section.
- Marking as done: Like many of you, I love checking off a ToDo item off my list. Now marking a ToDo as done takes just one click. Hover on the ToDo and click on the check-box to mark it as done. Satisfaction!
- Postponing a ToDo: Many times we need to postpone ToDos to tomorrow or a later date. To make it easier, you can click on the Postpone icon on the right to push the due date out.
These new features are rolling out globally today for Yahoo! Calendar and are available on calendar.yahoo.com or via Yahoo! Mail using the Calendar tab. Please check them out and let us know what you think!
Sr. Product Manager