Thanks for Your Feedback about Yahoo! Mail Beta
Since we launched Yahoo! Mail Beta a week ago, I’ve been reading your feedback. I’m thrilled to hear your passion for the new product. Your comments have helped us identify what we need to fix in the short-term and how we should evolve Yahoo! Mail in the long-term. On behalf of the Yahoo! Mail team, thank you.
I’d also like to answer some of the most common questions and concerns about Yahoo! Mail Beta. From reading comments on the Yahoo! Mail Blog, on Facebook, Twitter, and the suggestion board, there are a few consistent things on your mind:
- Unread message count: We released an update to Yahoo! Mail Beta that addressed this issue. From now on, the unread message count will not include unread messages in the Trash and Spam folders.
- Browsers: Yahoo! Mail Beta works best with Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 3 and newer, Safari 4 and newer, and Chrome 5. But, we’re no longer going to block Chrome 6 or Internet Explorer 9 users from accessing Yahoo! Mail Beta. And, we’ll continue to support more and more browsers as we approach general availability.
- Link to Calendar: We’re glad to hear from our Calendar users! We’ll be adding a link to Calendar in short order.
- Colors & themes: What, you don’t love purple? Not to worry, we have an assortment of great color options and themes coming soon. We’ll be sure to tell you all about them on this blog when they launch.
- Header: It sounds like some of you would like more room to read and compose messages. There are changes to the interface coming over the next few months that will give you more options. Stay tuned.
- IMAP: We support IMAP on many popular mobile devices. Today, our focus is to support the tremendous growth of our mobile IMAP users.
Keep sending us your comments and suggestions. We need your help to make Yahoo! Mail even better.