Keep me signed into Yahoo! Mail
I get some comments on this blog, now and again, saying that “I have to sign in every time I want to get to my mail, even though I’ve checked the box…” It’s not many of you, but enough that I thought I would take this opportunity to see if I can offer some suggestions on how to keep yourself signed into Yahoo! Mail for up to 2 weeks.
So if it’s your wish to remain logged into Yahoo! Mail for two weeks, but are having difficulty doing so, I’ve created a help page for you in the Yahoo Mail Help pages. You can read the detailed instructions here: http://help.yahoo.com/l/uk/yahoo/mail/classic/account/account-20.html
Some of the instructions are a bit technical, so if you’re not technically inclined you might want to get your resident computer nerd to give you a hand. Here is the abriged version:
- Check the box “Keep me signed in” on the login page of Yahoo! Mail.
- Make sure you are using the correct URL/web address to access Yahoo! Mail.
- Check your account settings to make sure that you have your account set to keep you logged in for 2 weeks.
- Make sure that you have your Internet browser set to accept “cookies” from Yahoo.
- Make sure that your anti-virus/firewall software isn’t blocking or deleting you Yahoo! cookies.
After confirming those five steps you should now be kept logged in for 2 weeks at a time. Remember – DO NOT do this if you use a computer in an Internet Café, or you share your computer with someone else. Finally, I know this is a pretty technical post, so I apologize if some of the instructions above seem fairly complicated.
Andrew – Yahoo! Mail Team