UPDATE: Issues retrieving from external accounts
Earlier this week I posted about issues some users have been experiencing when trying to retrieve email from external accounts within Yahoo! Mail. I’ve been checking with folks internally and have pulled together some additional information for you.
Recently we made some changes to how external account retrieval works. Most notably we added SSL functionality (enhanced security technology), which many users have been clamoring for. We are also taking steps to improve spam blocking for messages that are being retrieved from these external accounts, by running them through more aggressive filters. Unfortunately we encountered some unexpected problems that lead to server errors or processes timing out for some users.
A fix rolled out over the last 3 days that should have resolved the problem for many users. However, we are aware that there are still outstanding issues that are causing problems for other users. The appropriate teams are on the case, and have identified the problems, but are still working on the fix.
* NOTE: Request for user submissions has been removed. More recent updates for this issue have been posted here.
We apologize for any confusion, and for the frustration this has caused. I will continue to post updates as more information becomes available.