Spring into Safety
Wow!! Here in London the weather has definitely taken a change for the better. The latter half of the bank holiday was very nice and past couple of days have been real corkers.
Now that spring is here, maybe it’s time for some spring cleaning. And what better to clean up or freshen up than your Yahoo! Mail account. One way to do that would be to change your password. What better time to make your account more secure? No better time than the present.
While I’m at it, here are some more tips to help you be more secure when you’re online (and these apply for the whole of the Internet, not just Yahoo!):
1. PINs, Login Details, Banking Passwords, etc:
- Never write them down or share them with anyone.
- Never send them in replies to unsolicited emails claiming to be from your bank, EBay, even Yahoo! for that matter. Yahoo! and most other companies will never send you unsolicited emails asking you for any personal details.
2. Contact Details:
- Change your password immediately in the case that you think maybe someone has stolen your password.
- Make sure we have your current details, particularly your postal code and alternate email address. And make sure you know what they are too. We’ll need you to verify these should you ever have to ask to reset your password. All you need to do is select ‘My Account’ then the ‘Edit’ links next to ‘Member Information’ and ‘Address/Contact Information’ to review and amend your details.
These two things can reduce the risk of your personal information being compromised. Of course you can find more information and more tips to keep you safe online, in our security center.
Happy (safe) emailing!!
Andrew – Yahoo! Mail Team